The chocolate chip cookie is a classic treat. Adding M&M’s to a chocolate chip cookie earns bonus points in our book so when we found this recipe for a chocolate chip cookie pie that included M&M’s and other miniature chocolate candies, we were all in. This recipe was ridiculously simple and the pie turned out to be insanely yummy. In fact, we both were sad when there was no pie left the next day. We were, however, nice enough to share with our hubbies.
First, we began by measuring with the oh-so-yummy classic chocolate chips…
Next, we measured out the other treats. The original recipe that we found (courtesy of Averie Cooks) called for M&M’s, chocolate chips, miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups, and miniature Rolos. We opted to substitute miniature Kit-Kats in lieu of the Rolos.
It is pretty darn simple to make and only requires a single bowl in which to mix everything. You combine the melted butter with the egg, mix in the sugar, dump in the flour and throw in the candy. Easy, right?
We spread the cookie dough into the pie dish and added some extra candy on top before popping it into the over to bake.
Approximately 25 minutes later, the pie finished cooking and we just stared at the finished product, as if we hoped our eager eyes would cool it faster so we could dig it and enjoy.
When we finally were able to cut ourselves each a (generous) slice, we were so pleased with the final product…such a quick, easy, fun and delicious dessert!
Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1/2 cup unsalted melted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt, optional
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
about 1/2 cup M&Ms, divided (we chose to use milk chocolate but dark chocolate would by yummy as well)
Approximately 5-6 miniature peanut butter cups
Approximately 5-6 miniature Kit-Kats (or other miniature candy bar)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Spray 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set to the side
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter until melted
4. Once the butter cools for a minute or so, pour it into a large mixing bowl. Then, add the egg and mix.
5. Add the sugars and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
6. Add flour and optional salt and mix.
7. Add most of the M&M’s into the mix and stir. (Save the rest for the top of the pie.)
8. Spread batter evenly into pie dish
9. Add remaining M&M’s to the top of the pie
10. Press peanut butter cups and Kit-Kats into the top of the pie so that they are almost flush with the surface of the pie
11. Bake pie for 24-26 minutes…or until toothpick comes out clean. Once finished, allow the pie to cool for approximately 30 minutes before slicing. The interior of the pie should be soft while the otter edges are meant to be a bit crispy.
Hope you all are having a fantastic week!
Tiffany & Lindsey