Happy Friday, friends! Wow, this week has been super long for me due to it being quarter end at work. I’m so happy that the weekend is only a few hours away. Do you have big plans? I’m actually going to be rather busy. I have dinner with a friend tonight then it’s an early morning for us tomorrow. Rudy and I are headed to Charlotte to see the family. I have a baby shower for our nephew due in February and then our other nephew’s 2nd birthday party is that afternoon. Afterwards, we are actually driving back home to Raleigh that night. It’s going to make for a very long day, but I would prefer to wake up in my own bed Sunday morning than have to get up early and drive 3 hours.
Any who…onto more interesting things. Today, I’m sharing a few of my favorite products with you. I’ve either purchased or been gifted all of these over the past two months and they have not let me down.
- Simple Eye Makeup remover – I’ve been using the Simple Skincare line for several years (including their foaming face wash and cleansing face wipes) but when I was going to restock a few weeks ago, I noticed this eye makeup remover. I was struggling finding a product that will actually remove all of my eye makeup until now. This stuff is amazing! Plus is it really affordable!
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – Ladies, this stuff is magic. I first learned of this “secret” from a fellow blogger in Raleigh, Alex Butler. She would snap about how amazing it was and how you needed to apply with a beauty blender and let it “bake” before blending. I put it as a nice-to-have and knew that I would eventually give it a try. Well, Lindsey ended up buying and raved about it. Then her mom, bought it and loved it, so I was sold. It was time for me to try and it did not disappoint. It lightens and brightens your skin while keeping ensuring the makeup under your eyes does not move. I thought it would be expensive, but it’s only $26 and it will last forever.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Rivers Balm – After I clean my face and apply moisturizer, I have to put something on my lips. I’ve used a lip balm from Clarins in the past but my mom gave me this for Christmas so I’ve used for the past month. Not only is this a balm, but it also brings out the natural color of your lip. My mind maybe playing tricks on me, but my lips look more colorful. I use this at night before going to bed and I apply in the mornings before my lipstick.
- Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes – As I previously mentioned, I’ve been using Simple wipes for several years. I typically use the Cleansing Wipes but with all of the rage around Micellar cleansing water, I thought I would give these a try. After a few weeks of using the product, I can truly say that the Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes do remove more makeup than the Cleansing Wipes. I feel as though my face gets far cleaner with these. Highly recommend.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – t’s probably no surprise that I use dry shampoo but what may surprise you (and maybe gross you out a little) is that I probably use dry shampoo more than I use the regular stuff. I wash my hair two to three times a week. I HATE drying my hair…it’s such a task, so I started using dry shampoo years ago. I’ve always been a Psssst girl. I’ve tried Batiste several times but never really like the smell of them. Well, that was until I tried the Tropical scent…oh.my.goodness!! This stuff smells amazing. I actually just bought more, so it gets a thumbs up.
- Prada Candy Kiss – If you love sweet smelling perfume, this stuff smells amazing. I prefer sweet scents versus anything floral, so when I got a whiff of Candy Kiss while shopping with my mom at Nordstrom, I instantly added it to my Christmas list. So, Christmas Eve I got just what I asked for and I instantly gave myself a little squirt. The scent has a hint of orange and my favorite…vanilla! If you happen to be looking for a new perfume, grab a small sample of Prada Candy Kiss.
So, that’s it. Hopefully this was insightful and helps you when deciding on which products to purchase.
Have a fabulous weekend!