When it comes to purchasing a diaper bag, each parent seems to have very specific must-haves. While some are insistent on a lot of open space, others look for a ton of pockets to compartmentalize items according to category. Personally, I wanted a bag that offered both of these things but I also wanted a bag that provided both form and function. After all, I carry it daily.
Just before David and I were taking Ryan to Los Angeles a couple of months back, I began to research bags that worked well for travel. I noticed myself gravitating towards the idea of a backpack diaper bag. The idea that I could have both hands free while remaining balanced sounded very convenient and therefore incredibly appealing.
I found several that I really liked but ultimately ended up going with one by Leader Bag & Co. I love this bag for three main reasons…
1. It is large enough to hold Ryan’s necessities as well as mine so I don’t need to carry a handbag.
2. There are several pockets and storage areas that work perfectly for compartmentalizing everything.
3. This bag is lightweight.
4. It is great for both my husband and me to carry.
5. The bag comes with two straps that allow you to easily hang it from the handle of a stroller.
6. The exterior is water repellent.
7. It also comes with a changing pad, a matching clutch, and a laptop case.
8. It is made in the U.S.A.
Here are some other great backpack diaper bag options..
1. Skip*Hop Forma Diaper Bag – This bag has a ton of pockets…huge plus! Great for everyday use as well as travel.
2. Obsersee Oslo Backpack -This backpack is great for the family who enjoys being outdoors and for travel. It is durable and has fun features like a removable bottle cooler. Added bonus? This backpack comes in a ton of color options.
3. TWELVElittle Allure Backpack – For the girls who love fashion and want a diaper bag to look stylish, this bag is a cool option. It’s made of nylon so the exterior is easy to clean. I also love the fact that it has a drawstring opening. That’s important because it provides easy access as well as the ability to easily see items inside.
4. Ju-Ju-Be Hello Kitty Backpack– For the fun mom who likes to make a statement…
5. …and for the dads out there, this Quicksilver backpack is a fantastic option.
Do any of you currently use a backpack diaper bag? Would love to hear your thoughts!